Rolling Mill Automation System
The integrated, modulary built rolling mill automation system Achenbach OPTIROLL® i3 is used in all Achenbach OPTIMILL® rolling mills and plays a key role in modernization of existing rolling mills of all brands. OPTIROLL convinces in its integrated approach especially with efficient model-based control functions and open interfaces, comprising the following six control modules.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the opimization of the entire production process.
Achenbach exhaust air purification systems serve for the energy-optimized separation and recovery of rolling oil from the rolling mill exhaust air. They are always tailored to the specific operation purpose.
Together with the Achenbach ROILPURE® rectification systems and the Achenbach SUPERSTACK® filtration systems, they handle the entire exhaust air and coolant flow in the rolling process.
Following the closed-loop priciple, they operate ecologically as well as economically highly efficient.
Achenbach rectification systems thermally separate tramp oils from the rolling oil and redirect the rolling oil into the production cycle in as-good-as-new quality. They are always tailored to the specific operation purpose.
Together with the Achenbach SUPERSTACK® filtration systems and the Achenbach AIRPURE® exhaust air purification systems, they handle the entire exhaust air and coolant flow in the rolling process.
Achenbach filtration systems tailored to the specific operation purpose serve for micro-filtration of the cooling lubricants, such as especially of rolling oil, in a continuous process with customized filter aids.
Together with the Achenbach AIRPURE® exhaust air purification systems and the Achenbach ROILPURE®rectification systems, they handle the entire exhaust air and coolant flow in the rolling process. Following the closed-loop principle, they operate ecologically as well as economically highly efficient.
As a system provider, Achenbach follows an integrative approach by offering installation-wide solutions that incorporate multiple individual components.
This single source concept lets us design a production process that is optimally tailored to your needs, from rolling to slitting to further processing. Achenbach develops and builds rolling mills, slitting machines and key auxiliary systems at a single location in Kreuztal-Buschhutten.
This allows for economies of scope to the ultimate benefit of operators. The interfaces between design and implementation are systematically minimized to meet the needs of the customer in terms of quality and optimal productivity.
MillModelling - module of reliable process simulations to achieve presetting, optimum presentation of all actuator characteristics (incl. pass schedule calculation) and narrowest tolerances also in transient rolling phases
- Roll force and friction models
- Roll temperature models
- Roll blending and roll gap profile models
- Strip/Slab temperature models
- Pass schedule calculation (hot rolling)
MillView - module of user-friendly visualizations to achieve transprent, comprehensible and ergonomic display and control panels as well as highly efficient data processing
- HMI of all i3 modules
- Production data recording and evaluation
- Process data analysis
- Reliable diagnostic and maintenance tools
- Interface to MES and ERP systems
- MillGauge - module of high-precision strip thickness control to achieve narrowest thickness tolerances even at maximum rolling speeds and in transient rolling phases
- Roll gap control
- Strip thickness control
- Strip back tension control
- Model-based roll eccentricity compensation
MillFlat - module of highly dynamic strip flatness control to achieve absolutely flat strips even at maximum rolling speeds and in transient rolling phases
- Basic data interface to Achenbach UniFlat® flatness measuring roll
- Roll bending control of work ans intermediate rolls
- Roll gap tilting control
- Intermediate roll shifting control (6-high)
- Roll cooling control for Achenbach UniSpray® nozzle valve header
- Hot edge control system (HES)
- DVC control for dynamic backup roll crown variation (4-high)
MillDrive - module of digital drive control to achieve precise and stable roll torques and strip tensions even in transient rolling phases
- Drive concepts in AC and DC technology
- Speed master, speed and torque control by superordinate, highly dynamic functional modules
- Synergy with MillGauge
MillMove - module of digital sequence control of sensors and actuators with sefety interlocks for man and machine
- Movements and interlocks of the rolling mill
- Movements and interlocks of coil and spool transport
- Movements and interlocks of coil preparation and inspection
- Control and interlocks of media flow and media conditioning
- Exhaust air volumes to 400,000 m³/h volume flow
- Exhaust air pureness: < 35 mgC
- Flow-optimized, clean counterflow packing scrubber
- Flow-optimized radial fan
- Energy-efficient multistage and contamination-resistant distillation column
- Multi-stage vacuum pump station
- Highly efficient heat exchanger block
- Fully automatic machine control with auto start and remote maintenance
- Exhaust temperature-controlled distillation temperature control
- Volume flow: 100 to 1000 l/h
- Rolling oil pureness: 99.99%
- Extremely compact design
- Dry-running vacuum pumps
- Exchange packings with high separation accuracy
- Individual presetting of the system parameters
- Energy-efficient rectification column optimized for pressures < 1 mbar
- Integrated electric heater
- Programming of tank switchover
- Stand-alone concept
- Fully automatic system control with auto start and remote maintenance
- Volume flows: of 100 - 15,000 l/min
- Temperature range: of up to 70° C
- Viscosities: of up to approx. 20m²/s
- Filter fineness: up to 0.5 µm filter fineness
- Hoseless aluminium cast filter plates
- Flow-optimized precoating of the filter aid
- Hydraulic filter plate quick lifting system
- Inline conductivity sensor - Achenbach CONDUSENS®
- Sequential filter cake drying
- Filter fleece roll lift
- Automatic filter cake discharge concepts
- Fully automatic system control with condition diagnosis and remote maintenance
The excellence of each individual machine along with a consistent link between the machines and systems themselves are the keys to the highly productive manufacturing of premium aluminum flat-rolled products.
Each Achenbach machine is already in itself a benchmark. By combining multiple technologies, the competitive advantages to the customer are further increased.
Optimized Material Flow
The Achenbach single source concept guarantees optimal material flow in the production process without interface losses. Achenbach works together closely with each customer to design the best concept for each scenario, be it the modernization of an existing facility or a greenfield project.