Hot Rolling Mills
Achenbach hot rolling mills reliably produce best hot strip qualities even at maximum rolling speeds, maximum rolling widths and highest coil weights. They are designed as single-stand reversing hot rolling mills, as hot rolling lines with single-stand reversing roughing mills and finishing mills and hot rolling lines with single-stand reversing roughing mills and multi-stand tandem finishing mills and thereby always tailored to the specific purpose.
For each new strip rolling mill or those to be modernized, a holistic approach to perfectly synchronize mechanics, hydraulics, automation and drive technology in their complex interaction is applied.
Hot Rolling Mill
Achenbach offers the following types of hot rolling mills:
- Single-stand reversing hot rolling mills for smaller strip production volumes and two- and four-high sheet production
- Hot rolling lines with single-stand reversing roughing mills and finishing mills for medium production volumes in two- and four-high design
- Hot rolling lines with single-stand reversing roughing mills and multi-stand tandem finishing mills for large production volumes in four-high design
- Strip widths: upto 2,800 mm
- Final rolled thicknesses: down to 2.5 mm
- Rolling speeds: upto 800 m/min
- Coil weights: upto 35,000 kg
- Energy-saving AC drive technology for main and coiler motors
- Integrated, modular automation system - Achenbach OPTIROLL®
- Achenbach process models
- Hydraulic electromechanical roll adjustment
- Achenbach WIN-SprayS® roll cooling and lubrication system
- Axial work roll displacement in four-high rolling mills
- Efficient roll buffs
- Hot strip trimming shears
Achenbach Hot Rolling Mills roll aluminium sheets and coils as the starting material for all aluminium cold rolling processes respectively for end products such as:
- Shipbuilding plates
- Structural elements for the aerospace industry
- Railway plates
OPTIROLL ® System
The integrated, modulary built rolling mill automation system Achenbach OPTIROLL® i3 is used in all Achenbach OPTIMILL® rolling mills and plays a key role in modernization of existing rolling mills of all brands. OPTIROLL convinces in its integrated approach especially with efficient model-based control functions and open interfaces, comprising the following six control modules.
SUPERSTACK ® Filter
Achenbach filtration systems tailored to the specific operation purpose serve for micro-filtration of the cooling lubricants, such as especially of rolling oil, in a continuous process with customized filter aids.
Together with the Achenbach AIRPURE® exhaust air purification systems and the Achenbach ROILPURE®rectification systems, they handle the entire exhaust air and coolant flow in the rolling process.
Following the closed-loop principle, they operate ecologically as well as economically highly efficient.
OPTIPURE ROILPURE ® System
Achenbach rectification systems thermally separate tramp oils from the rolling oil and redirect the rolling oil into the production cycle in as-good-as-new quality. They are always tailored to the specific operation purpose.
Together with the Achenbach SUPERSTACK® filtration systems and the Achenbach AIRPURE® exhaust air purification systems, they handle the entire exhaust air and coolant flow in the rolling process.
OPTIPURE AIRPURE ® System
Achenbach exhaust air purification systems serve for the energy-optimized separation and recovery of rolling oil from the rolling mill exhaust air. They are always tailored to the specific operation purpose. Together with the Achenbach ROILPURE® rectification systems and the Achenbach SUPERSTACK® filtration systems, they handle the entire exhaust air and coolant flow in the rolling process. Following the closed-loop priciple, they operate ecologically as well as economically highly efficient.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the optimization of the entire production process.
As a system provider, Achenbach follows an integrative approach by offering installation-wide solutions that incorporate multiple individual components. This single source concept lets us design a production process that is optimally tailored to your needs, from rolling to slitting to further processing.